January 9, 2014

Dreaming of the Beach

While much of America is still in a deep freeze, I'm dreaming of the beach. 

Oh, it won't happen until the Sailor returns home from sea... but in the meantime, I'm trying to transport myself somewhere warmer, mentally. 

  
We moved South in part to escape the arctic winter in the North. While the winter here has so far been much tamer, this week still ranked high up on the BRRRRR factor.


The Sailor is also dreaming of the beach. He's sailing near one now, but he says even the weather where he is isn't conducive to an afternoon swim.


Looks like we'll both have to wait a few more months until we can get to a warm enough ocean. How about you? Ski Bunny or Beach Bum?

7 comments:

  1. Beach all the way! I grew up on the coast so it was always going to be beach, although I do have a soft spot for a good snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admittedly also have a soft spot for a once-a-year lovely snowfall when you don't have to go anywhere... as long as it's all melted and you don't have to shovel by the time you do have to go out ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this pictures. I also imaging being warm in this cold climate here in the Midwest. Soon, we will be going home to the Philippines and I am going to hit the sea as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm envious of your beach going -- enjoy the sunshine and Vitamin D!

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I just heard on our news tonight that Australia is officially the hottest country on the earth right now... I'm dreaming of the beach too Brenda... it's three hours away and when we get there we try to swim really early in the morning and late in the evening to avoid burning the skin off noses and shoulders! Enjoy your knitting in the great BRRRR! grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Grace... that IS hot. It's hard for me to imagine that right now with the temperatures still at freezing! Good luck cooling off!

      Delete
  4. Beach bum for sure, love just being close to the ocean! Or on it!

    ReplyDelete