October 14, 2015

Fall Fail?

I often think of Fall as a time to reassess priorities. I don't know if it's the weather, or school starting back in session... something reminds me of a clean notebook and sharpened pencils and to do lists.

This week, I didn't have a lot on my to do list. Make sure the Peanut naps, cook (because I can be lazy when the Sailor is gone), take some new photos, blog a bit with said photos. 

However, Fall gave me a bit of backlash this week. 

I somehow managed to take out two overdrafts on our bank account. Now, this might be common for some people (my neighbor casually informed me she was $500 in the hole last week on her account.) But I balance our books to the penny. 

So it was with great chagrin that I incurred way too many charges recently because I somehow miscalculated, oh, say hundreds. (Thankfully, the money was in another account, but I still had to explain to the Sailor to not use his bank card overseas.) 

THEN, my credit card got phished. I don't know how, because again, we are meticulous about where we use our card and we're very secure online with it. Nonetheless, I had a fraudulent charge and now have to wait for a new card in the mail. 

The irony of all of this is that last week I found a debit card in the parking lot and I phoned the company to cancel it, because I would want someone to do the same for me. 

Next, I decided to make a delicious and healthy smoothie for lunch for the Peanut and myself. My blender has seen better days, but this time, it actually started to vibrate across the counter on its own. I'm pretty sure blenders aren't supposed to do that. 

Finally, I started taking some new photos and got excited about getting back into using my SLR camera more often. However, midway through a few pics, my screen flashed red, then black, then came up with a gigantic error message. The manual only relayed my fear: Contact a Nikon service rep if error message persists.

My camera is about as old as my blender. 

I can easily replace the blender. The camera? Maybe I can get it fixed. If not, I guess I may have to start saving more in that bank account, so that I can use my new credit card to get another one. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back out to my sunny porch with a view, pretend I'm starting the week over, and hope that I don't mess up my crochet project.


No comments:

Post a Comment