October 4, 2014

Sweater Weather

I love the fact that my mother-in-law taught me to knit. And I know she loves the fact that I even asked her to teach me in the first place.

Last time the Sailor flew through South Africa, she sent this little gem back with him: 


Last time I was in South Africa, I made her a pair of socks. (I know, I know, she could have just made herself a pair of socks and I could have knit the Peanut a sweater. But isn't this much more fun?!)

Today finally felt like Fall... so it's time to break out the hand-knit sweaters.


I don't have the pattern for the one my mother-in-law made. Knowing her, she just made it up as she went along. You can find links to the garter stitch grey sweater here, and the green cardi here

Of course, if you're looking to make yourself something for the winter, I highly recommend the Central Park Hoodie. You can find mine here

I admit that I love warmer weather. But if it has to get cold, there's nothing better than hand knit sweaters to get you through the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment